LiquidVPN uses private DNS servers and Liquid Viscosity protects against DNS leaks by modifying your adapters DNS settings. Under normal conditions it will reset your DNS back when you disconnect. You might be unable to browse the web but services like Skype continue to work. There is a easy fix to this. You just need to reset your DNS address to whatever it was set to before. In most cases this is "auto detect" mode.
- Go to start
- Open your control panel
- Select Network and Internet
- Open Network and Sharing Center
- On the left hand side menu select Change adapter settings
- Right Click on your default network adapter usually its named "local area connection" and select Properties
- Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties
- Change the setting Use the following DNS server addresses to Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Click OK
- Click OK
- Right Click the network adapter and disable it to flush out the old settings.
- Right Click the network adapter again to renable it.
- You should now be able to browse the internet normally again. Repeat the steps on your other adapters as needed.
Was this answer helpful?