In this guide we will be installing and setting up OpenVPN with configuration files generated from Liquidvpn.com. This guide was meant to be short and sweet and straight to the point. If you want to get into the settings of VPNs I highly recommend heading over to the VPN Knowledge database!.
Check out the video at the bottom!
1. Visit Openvpn.net
2. Click on Community
3. Click on Community Downloads
4. Click on most recent release (*32 or 64 bit depending on your machine)
5. Download OpenVPN Client
6. Double click the setup file.
(openvpn-install-2.3.6-I603-x86_64, If you do not have Tap installed you will be prompted to install it YOU MUST INSTALL Tap for Windows to use Openvpn)
7. Login at Liquidvpn.com.
8. Click OpenVPN Configuration Generator.
9. Click desired setting. (I Strongly Recommend checking the Auto Authentication) For more detailed information on these settings click Here.
10. Click Create OpenVPN Configuration Files.
11. Save and open OVPN_config.
12. Go to your Openvpn installation directory (C:\Program Files\OpenVPN). Copy files from OVPN_config (*Step 11) over to your OpenVPN config folder(C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\Config)
13. (Not needed for OpenVPN 2.4.2 or higher) Now it’s time to go to your Openvpn shortcut. Right click the shortcut and go to properties. Under the default tab (*Shortcut tab) Click on the “Advanced…” Button, Click “Run as
14. Open OpenVPN via Shortcut; it will open up an iconin the taskbar. Right click the icon and select a VPN you would like to connect!