So your finally getting sick of having to click and connect to your favorite vpn! In this guide we will fix that problem; make life much more automated and simple. This is OpenVPN client auto connecting to my favorite vpn on Windows 7; which I did rename to 1.ovpn just for simplicity.
1. Start --> Control Panel Type Tasks in the search bar in the top right corner.
2. Go to Schedule Tasks under Administrative Tools.
3. Click Create Basic Task.
4. Name Task and Give Descripition.
5. Set trigger to "When I log on" hit next.
6. Set Action to "Start a program" hit next.
7. Browse to Location of OpenVPN-gui.exe (C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin\openvpn-gui.exe).
8. Click in the "Add Arguements" Text box and add --connect "configfilename.opvn" (obviously the config file name for the vpn you wish to auto connect to) hit next.
9. Click the box for "Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish"; Click Finish.
10. In the properties window make sure "Run with highest privileges" is turned on.
11. Click "Triggers" tab select and click Edit
12. Click on "Delay Task for:" (I like to set for a minute or 2) Click "OK" and your all set!