What is our OpenVPN configuration generator?
LiquidVPN’s OpenVPN configuration generator is a new and easy way to generate configuration files for OpenVPN for a range of systems. With its extensive range of options it allows generation of configurations that are most suitable for yourself and easily created with very little technical knowhow required.
Not only is this a better and faster option than downloading a mass of files, but also allows you as the user to have more control over the features that you require.
The Arrow Points to the OpenVPN Configuration Generator Button
How to use the OpenVPN configuration generator
The generator is split in to several different sections that are explained below and are best followed in a methodical fashion to ensure to features that you require are present in the generated config.
Advanced options are not enabled by default but can be displayed by checking the advanced box. When selected it enables further customization. The options are listed below.
- verb: Used to increase or decrease the depth of the log that your client creates. This should only be used if a problem requires debugging.
- mssfix: This value should only be altered if you are experiencing connectivity issues onUDP ports. This is extremely useful for those who find themselves randomly dropping their VPN connection. These random disconnects are due to packet fragmentation. Lower values will correct more serious fragmentation issues but will have more impact on performance.
- http-proxy & socks-proxy: If your connection requires the use of a proxy add the IP and port here
- Auto Auth: Bundle in a text file and modified config to automatically login without using your username and password.
- External CRT Bundle: Separate your ca.crt and ta.key files.
Select the operating system that you require from either desktop systems or mobile ones. OS’s that are not listed should choose the Linux configurations as their template type.
You can select what type of IP types are displayed by un-checking or checking the boxes for Shared,Dynamic and Modulating. If you wish to understand the difference then reading our Getting Started guide will help.
Show & Select Locations
One of the most critical areas for customization is the Show section. Here you can select either a group of servers based on Continent or Country or list all server individually with All Nodes, this allows the option to customize and download only one configuration file.
A selection of ports and protocols are available in this section from the drop down menu. We suggest using UDP but if you require the full range you can also selectAll.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution