Please if you are not comfortable going into the registry do not follow this guide!
In this guide I will be showing you how to make OpenVpn auto boot up to your favorite server! Please follow this guide EXACTLY cause you can do SEVERE damage to your computer in the registry!
1. Im kind of new to Windows 8.1 (I know I know Windows 10 is upon us and I still havent used 8.1). Lets go ahead up and bring up the run command. Windows key + r, Go ahead and type "regedit"
2. Your going to want to navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" Pictures INCOMING!!!
3. Now that we are in the right folder we are going to Right Click the body area, New -> String Value. (Name it something like "OpenVPN AutoConnect" or something easy to identify!)
4. After creating and naming it we need to modify it. Right Click you new value; go to Modify.
5. Now your going to want to modify the string to something like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\bin\openvpn-gui.exe" --connect "1.ovpn". Quotes are important please dont skimp out on them! Please take not that if your path to openvpn-gui.exe is different then mine you will have to modify that as well. Yes my vpn config file is currently named 1 to keep to easy!