If you dont already have your files for your VPN downloaded and extracted I recommend getting them ready before starting. If your a Liquidvpn member you can click here and then go to our OpenVPN Configuration File Generator.
Generating your configuration files
1. Follow the screenshot below to select your desired options in the configuration generator
1. First thing we need to do is open up a Terminal window.
2. We are going to want to type "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade"
3. After the update is complete go ahead and type "sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn network-manager-openvpn-gnome"
4. Then sudo service network-manager restart
5. Click the network manager icon and then select Edit Connections
6. Click Add, select Import a saved VPN configuration
7. Click Create then choose the .ovpn file generated by our Configuration Generator
11. Once you see the imported information displayed enter your VPN Username and Password Click Save and close out of the Network Manager editor.
12. Now open Network manager and go to VPN Connections and select your new connection to connect.